During my professional career I have built upon a solid education with many
seasons of experience in golf course maintenance and management. A few key qualifications are:
- Lead a multi-functional staff to maintain premium playing conditions
- Integrate business processes with maintenance techniques to increase operational efficiency
- Negotiate with vendors and service providers to insure receipt of maximum value
- Create a work environment that generates loyalty and productivity while minimizing staff turnover
- Communicate effectively with fellow department heads and superiors to discuss operational issues and challenges allowing for collective problem solving
the knowledge, drive and sophistication
required to produce
the best playing
conditions and patron experience.
To prepare,preserve and maintain the golf course as the major club asset and to afford the opportunity to provide enjoyment to its members and guest.
To protect, understand and fulfill the golf course architect's vision and goals for a firm,fast and fair golf challenge for all levels of player abilities.
To plan and execute programs and procedures that maintain a superior golf experience as well enhance and protect the environment, property and aesthetics of the club.
The course should be maintained such that excellent playing conditions exist for both the championship and the average golfer. The golf course should play near championship standards, within weather limitations, on a continued basis and at championship standards.
Success or failure at club is determined only by the respect you command from your staff and your perceived value to the club or facility. Enable your people to perform, and they'll reward you.
To surround yourself with quality people-and then support them completely. Always hire for attitude first and skill second.